Anaconda Unit Trust ('Anaconda') respects the privacy of individuals by treating all personal information as confidential and by handling it in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 and the National Privacy Principles.
During the course of its activities, Anaconda will collect, use and disclose personal information from:
- Customers who visit Anaconda Stores;
- Members of the Anaconda Adventure Club;
- Customers who use the Shop-At-Home Service and online shopping facility;
- Visitors to and users of our website, including any user forums section of our website;
- Customers who enter trade promotions / competitions conducted by Anaconda;
- Customers who register Anaconda gift card details; and
- Customers who call the Anaconda customer care centre or otherwise contact us.
Use and disclosure of information collected by Anaconda
The information collected may include:
- Details you provide us with when you visit our stores or enter our trade promotions;
- Your name, address, phone numbers and email address from members of the Anaconda Adventure Club, trade promotion entrants and Anaconda gift card registrants;
- Your name, address, phone numbers and email address from Customers of the Shop-At-Home or online shopping service; and
- Details of website usage from visitors to our website.
Anaconda may use your information to process your transaction; administer your account; conduct credit and other checks; for Anaconda's own internal purposes (such as risk management, staff training and billing); to help Anaconda develop its website to be more specific to Customers' needs and user friendly; to advise you about upcoming sales, specials, events, trade promotions and Anaconda Adventure Club information; to manage your Anaconda gift card balance; and for any other use which you authorise.
In addition, Anaconda may also use your information to promote and market its products and services, or the products and services of others. However, Anaconda will not do this by email or SMS (except as part of an email which facilitates, completes or confirms a transaction with you) unless we have your consent to do so. These emails and SMS will include an "unsubscribe" facility. Alternatively, if you no longer wish to receive emails or SMS, you can contact us by phoning our Customer Care Centre details of which are available on the contact us page of our website.
Additionally, Anaconda's online payment gateway providers, namely eWay and PayPal, may collect, use and store your personal information and credit card details when you transact on Anaconda's online shopping service.
Security of your Information
We use industry-standard safeguards to ensure the confidentiality of your personal information. To the maximum extent permitted by law, however, we accept no responsibility for any loss, misuse, unauthorised access or disclosure, alteration or destruction of personal information which you submit to Anaconda.
Access to your information
Anaconda will endeavour to deal with your request or inquiry as soon as is reasonably possible.
Updates to your information
If your information changes or you discover that information held by Anaconda is otherwise incorrect, please update your information in your account details section of our website or via the contact us page of our website and Anaconda will endeavour to update and correct the information. Anaconda may also contact you from time to time to check that your information is still accurate.
Changes to our policy
Anaconda's handling of any information it collects from you (including information previously collected) will be governed by the most current version of this policy. Please check this policy regularly.